Ensure metadata conforms to repository and/or appropriate discipline standards; adjust metadata to improve findability and accessibility; and improve documentation to make data more understandable, interoperable and reusable.
Enrich Your Metadata
- Name all authors and contributors
- List ORCID identifier numbers for all authors
- Include institutional affiliations and contact information (ie. emails) for those who might need to be contacted to clarify or correct this data in the future.
- List descriptive keywords that would help others find your data
- Gather links for related publications, github repositories, or other online presences that would help
Key Ethical Considerations
Make sure bibliographic information reflects correct author and contributor attributions.
- Check that metadata quality is rich, accurate, and complete for any institutional requirements.
- Facilitate discoverability:
- Add links to related publications, grants, reports, source data, etc.
- Provide additional description of files as appropriate for external indexing or other purposes.
- Add subject terms
- Ensure keywords are sufficient and representative
- Record all changes made in your documentation (e.g. README)